4 Things You Should Do If You Suspect Your Uber Driver Is Drunk

Do You Talk to Your Uber Driver?

What To Do If You Realize the Uber Driver Is Driving Under the Influence

Rideshare drivers have a particularly strong responsibility not to get behind the wheel while intoxicated. In fact, both Uber and Lyft have strict zero-tolerance policies against drunk and drugged driving.

If you happen to get into an Uber or Lyft and you realize the driver is drunk, here are four steps to take:

#1 – Don’t panic.

It can be very frightening to discover that your rideshare driver is drunk, but it’s important to remain calm. Allowing your emotions to take over can make for a very difficult situation, so it’s in your best interest to take a few deep breaths before taking action.

#2 – Immediately end the ride.

Use the app on your phone to end the ride. You don’t have to give the driver any details about why you’d like to do so.

If it’s awkward or uncomfortable not giving an explanation, you can say that your friend just texted and asked to meet you nearby.

#3 – Report your feedback using the app.

Once the driver ends the ride, provide feedback through the app. Be sure to explain that you are concerned the driver is drunk or otherwise intoxicated.

#4 – Call the police.

The last thing you’d want is to find out later that your drunk Uber driver struck and hurt an innocent person. Once you’re out of harm’s way and the driver is no longer within earshot, call the authorities and report the driver.

Injured in a Drunk Driving Accident? Contact Benoit Law Firm, PLLC.

As you know, drunk driving accidents have the potential to cause serious damage. Of course, it’s best to get out of the situation before this happens, but it’s not always possible. If you’ve been injured as a result of a car accident, we may be able to help you recover the compensation you deserve. Don’t delay— contact our office right away to see how we can help.

Call the Charlotte personal injury lawyers at Benoit Law Firm, PLLC today at (877) 600-7212 to speak with an attorney about your case.