Personal injury accidents, whether they occur on the road, at work, or on someone else’s property, can lead to life-altering injuries, leaving victims with mounting medical bills, lost wages, and significant emotional distress. Navigating the legal process to secure rightful compensation can be complex and intimidating.
In these challenging times, Benoit Law Firm, PLLC can fight for your right to justice. Equipped with a deep understanding of personal injury law and a firm commitment to our clients’ rights, we will guide you through the litigation process and fight for the compensation that you deserve.
Why Choose the Charlotte Personal Injury Attorneys at Benoit Law Firm, PLLC?
- With over 25 years of combined experience and millions recovered for our clients, our attorneys are dedicated to protecting the rights of injured people. We focus solely on personal injury and wrongful death claims.
- At Benoit Law Firm, PLLC, our clients are more than just a file number. You will work directly with an attorney, not a case manager, who will personally address any questions or concerns that you have.
- We know how difficult an unexpected injury can be. Our personal injury lawyers in Charlotte will handle all important legal matters on your behalf, from filing paperwork to communicating with insurance providers, so that you can focus on recovery.
Types of Personal Injury Claims That We Handle
The attorneys at Benoit Law Firm, PLLC bring a wealth of expertise in a wide array of personal injury cases. With this diverse experience, we thoroughly understand the intricacies involved in different situations and how best to fight for justice.
We represent North Carolina residents in a variety of personal injury claims, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Premises liability
- Bus accidents
- Dog bite injuries
- Nursing home abuse
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Delivery van accidents
- Wrongful death
How to Prove a Personal Injury Lawsuit in North Carolina
Personal injury lawsuits arise when a person suffers a physical or emotional injury due to the negligent actions of an at-fault party, known as a defendant. Winning a personal injury lawsuit in North Carolina often hinges on proving negligence on the part of the defendant.
To file a successful claim, you and your attorney will need to gather enough evidence to prove four key facts or elements:
- Duty of Care: The defendant had a legal responsibility to you. For example, drivers must follow traffic laws and operate their vehicles safely.
- Breach of Duty: The defendant failed to fulfill this responsibility in some way. For example, a driver who speeds or runs a red light would breach the duty of care.
- Causation: The defendant’s breach of duty directly caused your injuries.
- Damages: You sustained losses or harm as a result of the defendant’s actions, such as medical expenses, lost wages, or property damage.
Proving a personal injury lawsuit can be challenging, but an attorney from Benoit Law Firm, PLLC can help. Your lawyer will conduct an in-depth investigation into your injury, gathering crucial pieces of evidence to prove each of the above elements. Leveraging this information and our network of expert witnesses, we can craft a compelling case for your right to maximum compensation.
What Is the Average Personal Injury Settlement in NC?
Although a personal injury settlement may award thousands or even millions of dollars, there is no average amount that you can expect to receive. These awards are based on the damages or losses that you suffered as a result of the accident. Your settlement value may depend on various factors, including the severity of the injury, recovery time, and the impact on your life.
An attorney from Benoit Law Firm, PLLC can help you calculate your estimated settlement and maximize your potential recovery. Depending on your case, you could recover compensation for the following damages:
- Past and Future Medical Expenses: This includes all costs related to the injury, from immediate treatment at the scene of the accident to long-term medical care, physical therapy, and rehabilitation.
- Lost Wages and Future Earnings: If your injury caused you to miss work or impacts your ability to earn a living in the future, you can claim compensation for the wages lost during your recovery period and any potential future earnings.
- Property Damage: This refers to compensation for damage to your personal property as a result of the accident. For example, in a car accident, you could be compensated for vehicle repairs.
- Pain and Suffering: This pertains to the physical pain and emotional distress you have suffered as a result of the accident.
How Long Do You Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
In North Carolina, the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim is three years. Failing to file a lawsuit within this timeframe will result in your case being dismissed by the court.
There are some exceptions, but they are relatively rare. To protect your right to recovery, it is crucial to act swiftly and consult an attorney as soon as possible after your injury.
What to Do If You Are Involved in an Accident in Charlotte
Following an accident, it’s important to take certain steps to safeguard your rights and increase your chances of a favorable legal outcome. If you’re involved in an accident in Charlotte:
- Call 911 and report the accident to the police. They will create a report that will establish crucial facts about the event, including the date, the names of the people involved, and how the police believe the accident happened.
- Seek immediate medical attention at a hospital, even if you do not feel injured. Collect all evidence related to your injury and the treatment that you receive.
- If possible, collect evidence while it is still fresh. Take photos and videos at the scene of the accident. Obtain contact information from any witnesses who saw it happen. Exchange your details with all parties involved.
- Finally, contact a Charlotte personal injury lawyer who can represent your case. Do not speak with the at-fault party, his or her insurance company, or his or her lawyer until you consult with an attorney.
Schedule Your Free Legal Consultation With a Charlotte Personal Injury Lawyer Today
If you were injured and someone else was responsible, trust the attorneys at Benoit Law Firm, PLLC to recover the compensation that you deserve. Our Charlotte personal injury lawyers are dedicated to achieving maximum results for our clients and will not rest until we hold the at-fault party accountable.