Bus accidents in Charlotte can turn a routine journey into a life-altering event, leaving victims to grapple with physical injuries, emotional trauma, and complex legal matters. When these incidents occur, you need an attorney on your side—and Benoit Law Firm, PLLC can help.
Our Charlotte bus accident attorneys bring their extensive experience in personal injury claims to your aid, helping you navigate the legal hurdles and hold the at-fault party accountable. We will fight aggressively for a fair settlement on your behalf.
Why Choose the Charlotte Bus Accident Attorneys at Benoit Law Firm, PLLC?
- Since 2011, our personal injury attorneys in Charlotte have fought for the rights of injured people in North Carolina. We will leverage our skills and expertise to recover the compensation you deserve.
- At our firm, we will never treat you like a case file. Your attorney will be by your side throughout your bus accident claim, advocating for your right to recovery.
- We offer free, no-obligation case consultations. For your convenience, our lawyer will gladly meet you at your home, hospital room, or another location at your request.
Common Causes of Bus Accidents in Charlotte, NC
Bus accidents can happen for a variety of reasons, from driver negligence to poor road conditions and mechanical defects. Some of the most common causes include:
- Driver Errors: Mistakes by bus drivers or other drivers on the road can lead to accidents, such as speeding, breaking traffic rules, or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Tired Drivers: Bus drivers often have long shifts and sometimes, they might not get enough rest between them. Tired drivers can cause serious accidents if they fall asleep at the wheel.
- Vehicle Issues: Buses need to be regularly checked and maintained. If bus companies fail to do this, mechanical issues can cause collisions. Defective components may also lead to a crash.
- Dangerous Roads: Bus accidents can also happen because of badly maintained roads, unclear signs, or poorly lit areas.
Who’s Legally Responsible for a Bus Accident?
By pursuing legal action after a bus accident, you can recover compensation to pay for the physical, emotional, and financial impacts of the collision. If someone else’s negligent or intentional actions are responsible, you can file an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party.
While many of these accidents are caused by driver negligence, the driver may not be the only party at fault. Given that bus drivers are generally working during accidents, their employers could also bear legal responsibility.
Depending on the cause of the bus accident, liable parties may include:
- The bus driver
- The entity owning or leasing the bus
- The manufacturer of the bus or a bus component
- Another motorist, bicyclist, or pedestrian
- Governmental or municipal entities
- Companies accountable for flawed road construction
- Individuals or parties responsible for bus maintenance or repairs
Figuring out who is liable for a bus accident can be complex. In these situations, you need a bus accident lawyer in Charlotte from Benoit Law Firm, PLLC by your side. We can gather evidence, speak with experts, and determine who is responsible, helping you take your first steps toward financial compensation.
Schedule Your Free Case Consultation With a Bus Accident Attorney Today
If you were injured while riding a bus in Charlotte, NC, you deserve justice. Trust the lawyers at Benoit Law Firm, PLLC to fight for your rights. Contact us today at (877) 600-7212 to learn more about your legal options.