Pedestrian accidents, often caused by negligent driving or unsafe infrastructure, can bring untold pain and disruption to victims and their families. The struggle to heal physically and emotionally is often compounded by a complex legal process to secure much-needed compensation.
At Benoit Law Firm, PLLC, our Charlotte personal injury attorneys understand the profound impact of these collisions. With over 25 years of combined legal experience, we are committed to recovering fair compensation for injured pedestrians. We can help you navigate your claim and secure the settlement that you rightly deserve.
Why Choose Our Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Charlotte?
- Since 2011, our attorneys have fought for the rights of injured people, including pedestrians. We are committed to achieving maximum results for our clients.
- Over the years, we have recovered millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts. We will fight hard to recover the compensation that you are entitled to.
- With experience on both sides of the courtroom, our Charlotte pedestrian accident attorneys bring a wealth of skills and knowledge to every case. We’ll leverage this expertise to strengthen your claim.
Common Injuries in Charlotte Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrian accidents often lead to severe injuries due to the vulnerability of the pedestrian. Often, victims are left with life-altering complications and long-term damage.
Some of the most common injuries include the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Fractures and broken bones
- Internal injuries and organ trauma
- Lacerations and bruises
- Psychological issues, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Legal Representation for Injured Pedestrians in Charlotte, NC
If you were injured in a pedestrian accident, you may be entitled to legal action. Under North Carolina law, victims of traffic accidents have the right to file insurance claims or lawsuits against the at-fault party. Usually, a negligent driver is responsible, but claims can also be filed against government agencies, truck companies, manufacturers, and many other parties.
Navigating these legal processes can be challenging, but Benoit Law Firm, PLLC can help. Our pedestrian accident attorneys can represent your best interests during these proceedings, advocating for the compensation you deserve for medical expenses, lost wages, pain, suffering, and more. With our aggressive and strategic approach, we can take on insurance companies or stand up for you in court, always prioritizing your maximum recovery.
What to Do If You Were Hit by a Car in Charlotte
If you’ve been involved in a pedestrian accident, it’s critical to prioritize your safety and protect your legal rights. Here are the steps to follow:
- Call 911 Immediately: Reporting the incident to law enforcement creates a formal record of the event, and emergency services can provide immediate medical attention.
- Seek Medical Care: Even if you feel fine initially, certain injuries may not show symptoms at first. Seek professional medical to ensure that any potential injuries are identified and documented.
- Gather Evidence: If possible, collect photos or videos of the accident scene, the vehicles involved, and any visible injuries. Ask witnesses for their contact details.
- Exchange Information: Obtain the driver’s contact and insurance details and give them your contact details as well.
- Contact an Attorney: Speak to a Charlotte pedestrian accident lawyer who can represent your case and help you initiate an insurance claim or lawsuit.
Schedule Your Free Legal Consultation Today
Pedestrian accidents can be painful, but you do not have to face the aftermath alone. Benoit Law Firm, PLLC can help you hold the at-fault driver accountable and recover the compensation that you deserve. Contact us today at (877) 600-7212 to discuss your legal options with a pedestrian accident lawyer in Charlotte.