Rideshare services like Uber have revolutionized the way we travel, but they have also introduced a new set of legal complexities in the aftermath of a traffic accident. When you are involved in an Uber accident, you may find yourself entangled in a web of intricate policies and liability issues, adding to the stress of physical recovery and potential financial losses.
This is where Benoit Law Firm, PLLC can help. With over 25 years of combined legal experience, our Charlotte Uber accident attorneys bring a profound understanding of rideshare litigation, a compelling record of success, and a commitment to pursuing fair compensation. We can help you navigate these legal intricacies and advocate fiercely for your rights.
Why Choose the Attorneys at Benoit Law Firm, PLLC?
- Our Charlotte personal injury attorneys are dedicated to protecting the rights of injured people. We focus solely on personal injury and wrongful death claims, including accidents that involve rideshare services.
- Uber accidents often involve complex insurance policies. Our lead attorney is a former insurance defense lawyer; with this knowledge, we can help you seamlessly navigate your claim.
- We are committed to recovering fair compensation to aid in our client’s recovery. Over the years, we have secured millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts.
What Causes Uber Accidents?
Uber accidents can happen for a variety of reasons, from mechanical failures to driver negligence. Below are some of the most common contributing factors:
- Distraction: The Uber driver’s attention may be diverted by personal electronics, passenger interaction, or GPS navigation, leading to accidents.
- Speeding: Accidents may occur when drivers exceed the speed limit to optimize the number of completed rides.
- Driver Fatigue: Accidents can be the result of Uber drivers working excessive hours, thus experiencing reduced alertness.
- Vehicle Maintenance: Uber drivers can neglect regular vehicle upkeep, potentially causing mechanical failures.
- Impaired Driving: Despite stringent regulations, incidents related to driver intoxication do occur, significantly increasing the risk of serious accidents.
Will Uber Pay for Damages After a Rideshare Accident?
In North Carolina, the driver who caused the accident is financially responsible for any damages suffered by the victims. After an Uber accident, multiple parties may be at fault: the Uber driver, the manufacturer of a defective part, or another driver on the road. You would pursue an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit against the responsible party.
Uber does provide an insurance policy that pays for victims’ damages after an accident caused by one of their drivers. However, coverage will depend on the driver’s status at the time of the collision:
- If the driver was offline or the Uber app was off, Uber would not provide coverage. The driver’s personal insurance policy would pay for your damages.
- If the driver was waiting for a ride request, Uber would provide up to $50,000 in bodily injury per person, $100,000 in bodily injury per accident, and $25,000 in property damage per accident.
- If the driver was on the way to pick up a passenger or had a passenger in the vehicle, Uber will provide up to $1 million in liability coverage.
If you are unsure what path to take, an attorney from Benoit Law Firm, PLLC can help. Our Charlotte Uber accident lawyer will carefully investigate your case, identify the at-fault party, and determine your optimal path to financial recovery.
What Compensation Can You Recover in an Uber Accident Claim?
When an Uber accident strikes, it’s not just a momentary event; it can alter the course of your life. Serious injuries may necessitate extensive medical care and even lead to permanent disabilities. The life you once knew—your work, your hobbies, your relationships—could be disrupted, causing significant psychological distress and hardship.
By filing an Uber accident claim, you can recover financial compensation to help pay for your losses. Damages available in your case may include:
- Medical Expenses: This covers immediate and future costs related to your medical care, including ambulance fees, hospital stays, surgeries, medication, physical therapy, and necessary medical equipment.
- Lost Wages and Earning Capacity: If your injuries cause you to miss work or reduce your ability to work in the future, you may recover compensation for these lost wages and diminished earning potential.
- Property Damage: This refers to reimbursement for repair or replacement costs of any personal property damaged in the accident, primarily your vehicle.
- Pain and Suffering: These damages are designed to compensate for the physical pain and emotional trauma experienced as a result of the accident. They include compensation for emotional distress, loss of enjoyment of life, and psychological disorders like PTSD, anxiety, or depression.
How Can a Charlotte Uber Accident Attorney Help Your Case?
In the wake of an Uber accident, you may find yourself in uncharted territory. Suddenly, you are grappling with not just physical injuries but a mountain of legal questions. The Charlotte Uber accident lawyers at Benoit Law Firm, PLLC, understand the hardships you’re facing. We can stand by your side and guide you toward justice and recovery, fighting for your rights every step of the way.
Our lawyers are well-versed in North Carolina’s car accident laws and claims involving rideshare vehicles. With this knowledge, they can navigate your case with authority and precision. Their extensive experience in not only negotiating with insurance companies but also working as insurance defense lawyers, serves as powerful tools in your arsenal.
Your attorney from Benoit Law Firm, PLLC, will handle all aspects of your case—from the meticulous collection of evidence to rigorous representation in court, should it be necessary. We will manage your case from start to finish, allowing you to channel your energy into healing and recovery.
What to Do If You Are Involved in an Uber Accident in Charlotte
If you are involved in an Uber accident in Charlotte, NC, it is important to remain calm. Call 911 and report the accident to the police. Seek medical care as soon as you can, even if your injuries seem minor—some conditions may not show symptoms until later. Serious matters such as brain injuries and spinal cord injuries will need to be taken care of soon as possible.
If you can, gather evidence while it is still fresh: photos, videos, and contact information from the driver and any witnesses. Then, contact a Charlotte Uber accident lawyer to discuss your case and plan your next steps.
Schedule Your Free Consultation with a Charlotte Uber Accident Lawyer
Were you injured by an Uber driver in Charlotte, NC? You deserve justice—and the lawyers at Benoit Law Firm, PLLC can help. Contact us today at (877) 600-7212 to schedule your free consultation with a Charlotte Uber accident attorney.